Senior Maintenance Engineer - Production machinery
This leading engineering company with an enviable reputation for quality, has an opening for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Within this mechanically-biased environment, you will lead by example ensuring the timely maintenance and repair of all plant machinery and equipment and work is carried out in accordance with safety practices.
Key specifics will include:
* Providing on-going maintenance, identifying and analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, resolving faults, finding the root cause thus preventing further issues.
* Technically-support issues such as fault-finding and carry out periodic maintenance on plant machinery and equipment.
* Maintain a comprehensive record of machinery breakdowns/faults.
* Monitor compliance with H&S regulations, ensuring work is carried out in accordance with safe practices (company SOP's and other relevant HSE legislation).
* Help further develop and implement a robust H&S system encompassing Risk Assessments, SOP, Method Statements and COSHH.
* Help identify and manage an accurate and service inventory of critical spares.
* As required, liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors to source replacement parts.
* You will also be responsible for mentoring and developing an apprentice, whilst being hands-on but be technical as well.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Mechanically-biased Maintenance Engineer with a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance who can access and apply what is needed with:
* Knowledge of 3-phase motor and control systems.
* Mechanical /Electrical fault-finding and analysis skills.
* Possess a good working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and safe electrical isolation.
* NEBOSH trained.
* Able to intrepret schematic drawings and assist with fault-finding.
* Self-managing, and able to multi-task.
* Be able to work alone and as part of a team.
* Some fabrication and MIG welding knowledge.
You will also need to be living within a reasonable commute of Reading.
Knowledge of 17th Edition, C&G/HNC level in engineering maintenance, is first aid training, counter balance fork truck licence, COSHH, Loler and Risk Assessments.
For the right candidate, a salary of up to £40k is offered (Dep on exp/skills) +PRP + O/T available (realistic total package in the £50's+)+benefits package incl contributory pension and on-site parking.
8-4.30pm Mon-Thurs and 8-3pm Fri